The holiday season is a wonderful time to spend with your friends and family. This is an opportunity to come together and enjoy quality time, enjoying favorite memories and traditions, and making new ones for years to come. This can also be one of the most stressful potentially overwhelming times of the year. This is especially true for a family caregiver. Not only are you coping with all of the needs and challenges of taking care of your parents, but you are also trying to fit in the responsibilities and obligations of the holiday season. This can rapidly make you feel as though you don’t have enough time, energy, effort, or resources to handle it all. Fortunately, a care provider can help. Hiring home care to be a part of your Thanksgiving season, and even beyond, can take away stress, ease your mind, and make all of your efforts more effective.
Some ways you can rely on a care provider during Thanksgiving preparations include:
- Being with your parent during the busy shopping outings so you can shop quickly, effectively, and without worrying about your loved one
- Accompanying your parent to the grocery store so they can shop for the meal, helping them to feel more independent and like a valuable part of the holiday celebrations
- Getting into the kitchen with your parent to help them prepare a component of the meal they have always contributed, but may not be able to make on their own anymore
- Keeping your senior care consistent even when your schedule becomes unpredictable and busy. Maintaining their routine and keeping it predictable eases stress and helps your parent to feel more at ease, in control, and comfortable, while meeting their needs continuously
- Acting as a companion and source of support when you are unable to be with your loved one, or during busy, hectic gatherings they may not be able to participate in as much
The holiday season is not the only time when home care can be beneficial for your senior. This type of care it can help them to lose their highest quality of life throughout the year. An in-home senior care services provider can be with your aging parent on a customized schedule that is right for their needs, as well as the care you give them to ensure their needs are met and they are able to pursue the type of lifestyle they desire as they age in place. Because this care is completely customizable, the amount, as well as the types of efforts they provide, can change as your senior’s needs change. This can be particularly beneficial if you know your aging parent is coping with a health issue that will progress and worsen, or if they have particular needs that change during the year, such as seasonal allergies, or times of year that are busier for you. Knowing your parent has the highest quality of life reduces your stress as well as theirs.
If you or an aging loved one are considering caregivers in Coon Rapids, MN, and the surrounding areas, please contact the friendly staff at CareBuilders at Home Minnesota. Call today 612-260-2273.